Saturday, August 14, 2004

pure colour over modulated tone...

a friend took me to see some norman lindsay watercolors... I was amazed... exactly the technique I've been searching for... the delicacy of the wash and capture of light is totally amazing... I am very familiar with his work in other media. his story the magic pudding was a favorite book of mine as a kid, & I love his cartoons... yet I had ignored his female nudes... not sure why... his watercolours are just amazing... move over gaugain... apparently he didn't like the post impressions... saying he could smell the human jungle in them... whatever that means

a more delicate watercolour of care Posted by Hello


This is an attempt to follow his example, get the tone right and then add some pure colour, care bear's complexion is wonderful it glows and a challenge... this is a salmon over a litle grey wash... finished with a graphite pencil for the shadows...

No comments: