Tuesday, August 02, 2005

how ideas happen


original idea
Originally uploaded by sigh clone.
The developement of an idea into an artwork...

this post is meant to show you graphically how an idea happens for me on paper... I wasn't asked but after sketching a coule of the lovely girls from there I got the idea of developing a buddy icon for the FlickrWhores group (they don't have one at the moment)... my original idea was just a few strokes of my brush with my favourite purple for shadow wash... it gives a nice shodow to skin tones... i then quickly sketched in some outlines with a fibre pen... and stood back... yes it has promise

Fibre-Tip Penflickrwhores idea 1

next I redrew it in pencil... tidying & simplifying a few lines... then "ïnked" it with a fibre pen... I then scan this into coreltrace and do a trace outlines... which is loaded into coreldraw... a few more tidy ups on line work.... and coloured

hmmm pity this lacks something....


next idea flickrwhores idea 2

yes a little better... more vampy... more fun... maybe a fraction to complex


hmmm this is better flickrwhores idea 3
ok i like this one... simple yet a litle flirty & a hint of wicked

anyone for that on a t-shirt

flickrwhore the shirt

No comments: