Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Nude but not Lewd

Google/Boggler are apparently about to "disappear" blogs with explicit adult content, those specifically concerned where sent an email (which I didn't get, so I'm assuming I'm not one of those involved) that this was about to happened and without any option or little recourse, other than self censorship ie so long, goodbye!

Checking out the terms of service and the published part of the email. Google will allow some nudity
We'll still allow nudity presented in artistic, educational, documentary, or scientific contexts, or presented where there are other substantial benefits to the public from not taking action on the content.
Pen & watercolour wash
So I hope my work is artistically justified, I certainly am not trying to be Lewd or Rude. The naked human body is a great learning tool for sketching and painting, There are lesson in line, tone, texture. mixing skin tones and even just seeing, how light defines form, lost lines, positive and negative forms. Not to mention trying to capture gesture & emotions. It will be a great pity for thoee interested in art. if they can not publicly share the challenges and joy of such things.  I really am only interested in sharing the beauty I see and try to render, I don't care much for the lewd and exploitative nudes. So I]m cautiously ok with this for the moment.

I just hope google doesn't throw out the baby with the bath water!

No comments: